Senior U.S. intelligence officials are now “highly confident” that ex-KGB agent and Russian dictator Vladimir Putin was “personally involved in the covert Russian campaign to interfere in the U.S. presidential election,” according to NBC News. He himself directed how the material obtained from the servers of the Democratic National Committee and from senior Clinton campaign officials was released.
The hacking efforts began as a personal vendetta to spite Hillary Clinton, but once Putin realized how easily manipulated a egomaniacal idiot like Donald Trump was, the efforts became a full-fledged campaign to “split off key American allies by creating the image that [other countries] couldn’t depend on the U.S. to be a credible global leader anymore,” which they certainly have succeeded in doing.
Former U.S. ambassador to Russia, Michael McFaul, says that “he has had a vendetta against Hillary Clinton, that has been known for a long time because of what she said about his elections back in the parliamentary elections of 2011. He wants to discredit American democracy and make us weaker in terms of leading the liberal democratic order. And most certainly he likes President-elect Trump’s views on Russia.”
Clinton was right to criticize the 2011 Russian parliamentary elections, during which there was massive voting fraud perpetrated by Putin and his United Russia Party.
Putin’s armies of internet trolls have been caught hacking Democratic National Committee servers and flooding social media with pro-Trump posts; Putinist agents have wormed their way into Trump’s policy team, eager to take advantage of a charlatan who wants the prestige of the Presidency but none of the responsibility that accompanies it.
Putin’s motives are described as “multifaceted;”
- The Kremlin already has agents friendly to its interests implanted within the Donald J. Trump camp like National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Trump has already declared his desire to be “friendly” with Russia, which would manifest itself as turning a blind eye to the Kremlin’s overseas plots and ensuring that Russia’s aggressive expansionism and abhorrent human rights record in Eastern Europe and the Middle East will go unchallenged.
- Trump has declared his intention to pursue an isolationist foreign policy and the withdrawal of American overseas influence, creating a power vacuum that will certainly be filled by Moscow.
- Trump is an impulsive narcissist with little savvy, experience, or intelligence and can be easily manipulated into supporting the interests of Russia.
- Trump has already declared his intention to pursue a protofascistic domestic policy that includes muffling the press, repressing free speech, increasing the power of law enforcement and undermining democracy, which conveniently removes an existential threat to Vladimir Putin’s own dictatorial regime.
- Trump will likely immediately lift the sanctions imposed on the Russian Federation by the Obama administration following the 2014 annexation of Crimea, allowing Putin and the Russian oligarchs to once more engage in a plutocratic embezzlement spree- one which Trump, obsessed with greed, is likely to want to join. Vladimir Putin has hoarded a personal wealth of at least $70 billion and possibly as much as $200 billion.
So tomorrow we must grapple with the reality that our president was hand-picked and ushered into his marginal victory by a rival foreign power, with whom the Trump campaign freely consorted with and whose involvement the Republican Party is all too eager to ignore as they salivate over their chance to gut the social safety net, strip away our constitutional freedoms, and serve the middle class up to the wealthy elites on a silver platter.
Download our NEW Occupy Democrats app for your iPhone by clicking here or for your Android by clicking here.
Add your name to millions demanding that Congress take action on the President’s crimes. IMPEACH DONALD TRUMP!