Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s media team went to work tonight on Donald Trump and the torrent of offensive statements, lies, and delusions that he said during tonight’s debate. Cataloging all of the most egregious offenses, it’s a laundry list of reasons – any one of which should be a disqualifier – of why Trump would be a catastrophe as the President of the United States.
1.Trump mocked former Miss Universe Alicia Machado’s weight and heritage, calling her names like “Miss Housekeeping” and “Miss Piggy.”
2. Donald Trump: “Pregnancy is never–it’s a wonderful thing for the woman. It’s a wonderful thing for the husband. It’s certainly an inconvenience for a business…And whether people want to say that or not, the fact is it is an inconvenience for a person that is running a business.”
5. In the 1970s, Trump’s real estate company was sued by the Department of Justice for discriminating against minority applicants in both New York and Virginia–in New York, their applications were marked “C” for colored.
6. Trump falsely accused Hillary Clinton of starting the “birther” rumors about President Obama. He promoted the conspiracy for years after his campaign says he “ended” it.
7. Trump is wildly misleading when he says violent crime is on the rise.
8. Trump claims he’s the “law and order” candidate, but he opposes gun-free zones and supports Americans owning assault weapons.
9. Part of a history of stiffing his contractors, Trump refused to pay an architect what he was owed after designing the clubhouse for one of Trump’s golf courses. Trump offered just one-sixth the original invoice, and then bullied him with a “take-it or you’ll have to sue me” approach.
10. In the words of his campaign manager, Trump “built a lot of his business on the backs of the little guy” and has a history of “not paying contractors after [they have helped him] build something.”
11. Trump regularly lies and misleads when it comes to Hillary Clinton’s emails.
12. Trump has repeatedly refused to release his tax returns, breaking a decades-long precedent of transparency for presidential nominees.
13. Donald Trump said he’s doing “almost 120 deals” outside the U.S., but since he hasn’t released his tax returns we don’t know with who or for what.
14. Donald Trump is proposing a tax plan with a “Trump Loophole” that gives the wealthy a backdoor tax cut, establishing a 15% rate for business owners like Donald Trump.
16. Trump’s economic plans will add $5.3 trillion to the national debt, according to a non-partisan analysis.
17. According to a nonpartisan analysis, Donald Trump’s plans would cost the economy 3.5 million jobs. Hillary Clinton’s would create 10 million jobs.
Donald Trump: “I sort of hope that happens because then people like me would go in and buy.”
Trump University Audiobook, 2006
19. On Libyan intervention:
21. Trump said that Hillary Clinton wants to create “totally open borders,” a claim Politifact rated “false.”
22. Trump likes to say that Hillary Clinton is the founder of ISIS. She’s not. (And neither is Barack Obama.)